Probate Real Estate
Don't Go Through Probate Alone
What is probate?
- a. By definition probate is the legal process for the transfer of assets – houses, cars, stocks, bonds, boats, etc. from the deceased person’s name to his or her estate so they can be sold or distributed to the heirs.
- b. Probate is a process.
- c. Probate takes place in the county of the decedent’s residence.
- d. Probate oversees the settlement of an estate.
- e. Probate validates terms of a will, if there is one.
- f. Probate pays legitimate creditors.
- g. Probate distributes remaining assets.